Mount Rainier Guest Services Project Recipe: Flavors of Paradise Contest Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE FROM SPONSOR DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
The “Project Recipe: Flavors of Paradise” Contest (“Contest”) is designed to give participants a chance to showcase their family heirloom Pacific Northwest recipes that could be featured in Mount Rainier’s restaurant Paradise Inn. Contest entrants will present their #ProjectRecipe #FlavorofParadise recipes in a form uploaded onto the contest website page. The one winner will have their recipe featured on Paradise Inn’s menu as well as the announcement of winning on their website (www.mtrainierguestservices.com), Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages. The one Grand Prize Winner will receive a two-night stay at Paradise Inn.
By participating in this Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest. The Contest’s first submission period begins at 12:01 a.m. P.S.T. on May 6, 2019, and ends at 11:59 p.m. P.S.T. on July 31, 2019. The Sponsor of this Contest is Mount Rainier Guest Services, 55106 Kernahan Road E. PO Box 108 Ashford, WA 98304. The Contest will operate as described below, on or about the stated dates:
1) ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to entrants (“Entrants”) who are legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington, D.C., except where this contest is prohibited by law. Entrants must have Internet access, as of the date of submission. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, members of their immediate families, and those living in the same household, are ineligible. Each Entrant must be the rightful owner of the E-mail address registered with the account used to log in and upload the recipe (as described in Section 2, below). If Entrants enter as a team, one team member must be the rightful owner of the E-mail address associated with the account used to upload the recipe. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the natural person in whose name the E-mail account is registered with recipe submission. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the E-mail address is assigned by an Internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning E-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted E-mail address. Entry constitutes Entrant’s certification that he/she meets the eligibility requirements set forth in these official rules. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any potential winner. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2) HOW TO ENTER: To enter, go to the submission page on mtrainierguestservices.com and upload your recipe contest entry based on this theme: “#ProjectRecipe,” #FlavorsofParadise,” and “Project Recipe: Flavors of Paradise.” The idea should focus on family heritage within a Pacific Northwest recipe. If you do not already have an email account, you will be required to create one.
Then go to this link on the Mount Rainier Guest Services website to register your submission: http://mtrainierguestservices.com/flavors-of-paradise/. You must completely and accurately submit all required information to enter. Entrants under age 18 (minors) need parental permission to enter the contest. Parents must complete the registration form on mtrainierguestserivces.com (at the foregoing link) for a minor’s entry to be valid. Once we verify all necessary information, the recipe submitted on the website will be added to Mount Rainier Guest Services’ recipe contest.
All Submissions must be received by designated submission periods for each round of the contest. Sponsor is not responsible for late or unsuccessful attempts to enter. Sponsor reserves the right to allow for minor fluctuations between the Entrant’s timing device and the actual runtime of the Submission on the Contest Homepage, based on clear intent to comply with the Official Rules, as determined in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Entrant should be able to provide on request all appropriate clearances, permissions and releases for the recipe Submission, including releases from the submitting Entrant and any third parties appearing in the Submission. Incomplete, corrupted, untimely, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. If for any reason an Entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest; Sponsor reserves the right to determine in its sole discretion which entries have satisfied the entry requirements. ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST SUBMIT EACH ENTRY IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO OTHER METHOD OF SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED.
By entering, each Entrant represents and warrants that his or her entry (and Sponsor’s and its designees’ use thereof) does not and will not defame or otherwise violate the rights of any third party and does not and will not violate any federal, state, or local laws or ordinances. Entrant further represents and warrants that he or she has secured the requisite consent from any third party referenced or appearing in their entries. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes violates any of the Recipe Submission Requirements, does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, or that is not consistent with the spirit and theme of the Contest. Entrants will retain copyright in their work, but each Entrant grants to Mount Rainier Guest Services a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, assignable, royalty-free license to publish, reproduce, distribute, display, perform, create derivative works, transmit or disseminate the Works in all media or platforms whether now known or hereafter invented. Entrant also waives any and all moral rights in the Works with respect to any use by Mount Rainier Guest Services or assigns. Sponsor and its designees shall have the perpetual, worldwide right to publish and use the entries in any way, and in any media for trade, advertising, promotional, and/or other purposes as Sponsor and/or its designees may determine without further consideration to Entrant or any third party.
3) WINNER NOTIFICATION AND ANNOUNCEMENT: The one potential Grand Prize Winners, as determined in their sole and absolute discretion by the Judges, will be notified by E-mail (via the E-mail account entered into our contest webpage) on or about August 4, 2019, and will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification attempt. The failure to respond timely (within seven calendar days) to the notification may result in forfeiture of participation in the Contest and, in such case, Sponsor will select an alternate Grand Prize Winner according to the Judges’ results. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to respond to the Sponsor within a reasonable amount of time, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. When Grand Prize Winners respond, they are releasing the recipe for Mount Rainier Guest Services’ usage. If a potential Grand Prize Winner cannot be contacted by E-mail after the first attempt to contact him or her, or if he or she fails to respond within the required time period (if applicable), the potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate entry will be selected in his or her place from all eligible entries received according to the judging criteria described above. To find the name of the one Grand Prize Winner, contact Brandy Frederich, Mount Rainier Guest Services manager, at [email protected] after August 4, 2019.
4) PRIZES: ONE (1) Grand Prize: One Grand Prize winner (“Grand Prize Winner” or “Winner”), will get a two-night stay at Paradise Inn and their recipe featured with Mount Rainer’s Paradise Inn restaurant menu. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. In no event will more than one (1) Grand Prize be awarded.
Prize Restrictions: Winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. No prize substitution or changes are allowed except at the discretion of Sponsor. Prize cannot be substituted or redeemed for cash. All prizes are subject to availability. If prizes are awarded but unclaimed/forfeited by recipient, prize may not be re-awarded in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Other restrictions may apply. Limit one prize per person, per household. Prize is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind. Winner is responsible for any loss of prize or portion of prize after it has been delivered.
5) RIGHTS IN SUBMISSIONS: In consideration of Entrant’s recipe being reviewed and evaluated for this Contest, each Entrant hereby grants to the Sponsor, its members stations and assignees, the exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete or display such recipe, or any portion thereof, in any media now known or hereafter devised including, but not limited to all forms of television and all forms of Internet and wireless protocol. Each Entrant authorizes the Sponsor and any entities affiliated or in privity with the Sponsor to utilize, for eternity and in any manner they see fit, the recipe submitted to Sponsor, and to make derivative works from such materials solely in connection with the Contest (i.e., to create promotional materials). Each Entrant releases the Sponsor, and their assignees and licensees, from any and all claims or liability (now known or hereafter arising), including but not limited to any claims for defense and/or indemnity, in connection therewith. Each Entrant agrees and acknowledges that participation in the Contest, including, without limitation, the Entrant’s decision to provide the Entrant’s submission to Sponsor for purposes of the Contest, shall not give rise to any confidential, fiduciary, implied-in-fact, implied-in-law, or other special relationship between Sponsor and Entrant, does not place the Sponsor in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the Entrant’s recipe submission, and that the only contracts, express or implied, between the Sponsor and Entrant are as set forth in these Official Rules and the release forms. In addition, by participating in the Contest and submitting a recipe, each Entrant hereby grants permission (except where prohibited by law) for the Sponsor to use Entrant’s recipe, name, likeness, voice, quotes, comments, biographical information, photograph and/or image for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further notice, permission, compensation or consideration in any and all media now known or hereafter developed throughout the universe, unless prohibited by law. Except as required by law or permitted pursuant to these Contest Official Rules, the Sponsor will not share an Entrant’s information with any third parties.
6) NATURE OF RELATIONSHIP/WAIVER OF EQUITABLE RELIEF: Each Entrant understands and acknowledges that the Sponsor has wide access to ideas, stories, designs, and other literary materials and that new ideas are constantly being submitted to it or being developed by their own employees. Each Entrant also acknowledges that many ideas or stories may be competitive with, similar or identical to the Submission and/or each other in theme, idea, plot, format or other respects. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that such Entrant will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of Sponsor’s use of any such similar or identical material. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor does not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of the copyright in and to the Submission. Finally, each Entrant acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by Entrant relating to or arising out of Sponsor’s actual or alleged exploitation or use of any Submission or other material submitted in connection with the Contest, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the applicable Entrant will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such Entrant to seek injunctive or other equitable relief or in any way enjoin the production, distribution, exhibition or other exploitation of the Recipe or any other production based on or allegedly based on the Submission, and the Entrant’s rights and remedies in any such event shall be strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in action at law.
7) RIGHTS OF SPONSOR / DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY: Sponsor shall have the right and sole discretion to edit, to refuse to air or transmit, or cease to air or transmit any recipe whatsoever which it finds to be in violation of these Official Rules, or which it finds in its sole discretion to be otherwise objectionable for any reason, including with respect to Sponsor’s standards and practices and other policies. Sponsor also reserves the right to replace the Grand Prize Winner’s recipe with the recipe of an alternate eligible Entrant in accordance with these Official Rules if such recipe and/or Entrant is withdrawn from or removed from the Contest for any reason, including without limitation, Entrant’s failure to respond to Sponsor. Sponsor also reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest for any reason in the event that there is an error, malfunction, problem or other cause which impacts the operation, administration or security of the Contest or the Sponsor and, in such situation, to select the winner(s) from the eligible Entries received prior to the action taken or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. The opinions expressed in the recipe are not necessarily (and in some cases not at all) those of the Sponsor. The Sponsor is not responsible for any materials provided by Entrants which are deemed harmful or offensive to others or for any harm incurred as a result of the recipe’s creation. The Sponsor is not responsible in any way for any injury, loss or damage which occurs as a result of an opinion expressed or information provided in the recipes transmitted on the website or on television. The Sponsor makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the content or the accuracy or reliability of any information or statements contained in the recipes. All statements and opinions made by Entrants are those of such Entrants only, and the Sponsor neither endorses nor shall be held responsible for the reliability or accuracy of same. Sponsor is not responsible for the content or practices of third party websites that may be linked to the Contest Homepage. This site may also be linked to websites operated by companies affiliated with Sponsor. Visitors to those sites should refer to each site’s separate privacy policies and practices.
8) WARRANTY: It is an express condition of submission and eligibility that each Entrant warrants and represents that Entrant’s recipe is solely owned by Entrant and solely created by Entrant for the purpose of entering this Contest and that no other party has any rights or interest in the recipes. Entrant further represents and warrants that the recipes and any use thereof by the Sponsor or any partners, subsidiaries and affiliates in connection with programming, advertising, promotion and publicity, shall not infringe upon any statutory or common law intellectual property right (including, without limitation, any copyright) under U.S. and international laws and shall not constitute a defamation, or invasion of the right of privacy or publicity, or infringement of any other right of any kind of any third party.
9) INDEMNITY: The Contest may also be promoted by a third party or parties (each a “Promotional Partner,” collectively “Promotional Partners”). Entrant shall indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, any Promotional Partners, and each of their respective parents, affiliates, successors, assigns and licensees, and each of their respective employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents and representatives from and against any and all liability, claims, loss, damage, injury or expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising in connection with any third party action arising out of a breach or allegation which if true would constitute a breach, of any of Entrant’s representations, warranties or obligations herein.
10) RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating, each Entrant agrees that the Sponsor and each of its respective agents, representatives, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and legal advisers, and each of their respective employees, shareholders, officers, and directors (“Released Parties”) are not responsible or liable for, and shall be released and held harmless from (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, misdirected or otherwise undeliverable mail, postage-due notices, release forms, affidavits or other correspondence; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (iii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (iv) any printing, human, typographical or other errors or ambiguities in (or involving) any materials associated with the Contest; (v) any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and action of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the Contest; (vi) acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising there from; and (vii) claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the Contest at any time for any reason, including, without limitation, if a computer virus, bug or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper conduct of the Contest, strikes, lock-outs, acts of God, technical difficulties, and other events not within the reasonable control of Sponsor.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO TRAVEL CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING THE CONTEST HOMEPAGE AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS
11) GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Washington law governs this Contest. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Washington or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Washington. In the event of a claim or dispute, Entrants’ sole remedy shall be limited to their remedy at law for damages, if any, and Entrants shall not have the right to in any way enjoin or restrain the distribution, advertising, publicizing or other exploitation (in any form of media) of the Contest Homepage, the Contest, and/or any intellectual property owned or licensed by the Sponsor or their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, member stations, and affiliated entities. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to prohibit any Entrant from participating in the Contest or to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole determination, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; to be attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor may suspend or discontinue the Contest if, in its sole opinion, there is any actual or suspected tampering of the Contest, or any other malfunction, event or activity that may affect the integrity of the Contest. SPONSOR SHALL NOT BE OBLIGATED TO AWARD ANY PRIZE THAT RELATES TO OR ARISES OUT OF IMPROPER OR MISTAKEN PRIZE NOTIFICATION, OPERATION OR FUNCTION OF THIS CONTEST.
13) SPONSOR: Mount Rainier Guest Services, 55106 Kernahan Road E. PO Box 108 Ashford, WA 98304 is a lodging and restaurant facility. More information about Mount Rainier Guest Services is available at www.mtrainierguestservices.com.