COVID-19 & SAFETY UPDATES
COVID-19 & Safety
Inspiring New Ways of Traveling Safely
The safety of our guests and employees is our number one priority. As we transition to reopen our operations, we have elevated and implemented strict policies and procedures on cleanliness, sanitation, social distancing and other measures to ensure our guests feel comfortable and confident that they are in a safe environment.
We are continuing to monitor the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following the necessary guidelines from these agencies as well as the local health departments.
Cancellations and Refunds
Our cancellation policy has returned to normal. There is a $15 cancel fee for reservations outside of 7 days prior to arrival and a full deposit forfeiture within 7 days of arrival. Cancelled flights and travel bans/restrictions will be looked at on a case by case basis. For reservations assistance please call us at 855-755-2275 from 8am- 5pm PST daily.
Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies.
What you can expect from Us
We care about the health and safety of our staff and guests
- We ask that you please not travel and visit us if you or anyone in your party are or have recently been sick.
- Employee temperatures are being taken when coming onto each shift.
- As is typically expected, employees will not come to work when feeling ill.
- Vaccinated employees and guests are not required to wear masks. Unvaccinated individuals will be required to continue wearing a mask.
- Shields have been installed at cashier kiosk and front desk operations.
- Employees are required to wash or sanitize their hands between each guest interaction along with continuing to wash their hands after restroom breaks, smoking, and eating.
- We are a vaccine required company. All staff is required to be vaccinated and have proof on file.
Increased cleaning and social distancing protocols
- We require 6-foot distance between all individuals that do not reside together, in common areas and ask that if you are comfortable wearing a mask that you do so.
- We encourage contactless hotel registration and check out. We will be offering an online contactless check in on the day of arrival. Check in will be available prior to entering the park through an online web portal. We encourage guests to use our contactless key return.
- All common areas are being sanitized on an hourly basis.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are available on every floor near the entrances and spaced out across the properties.
- All common area amenities (coffee bars, games, etc.) have been removed for the time being. Games are available for purchase in all retail shops.
Additional protocols for housekeeping
- Cleaning products and protocols will include EPA-approved disinfectants that meet CDC requirements for use and effectiveness against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens.
- In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, employees are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Housekeeping staff will wear disposable gloves and change them before entering each room.
- All areas are being disinfected with special attention to high-touch surfaces such as door handles, light switches, in-room tables, clocks.
- We will have a porter sanitizing all common areas throughout the day. There will be a checklist provided to make sure no surfaces are missed.
- All rooms with shared bathrooms are no longer available for the upcoming season.
- We have reduced hotel occupancy to ensure there is limited traffic in the operations.
- Stayover service is provided by request for supplies only. We ask that guest bag and seal any dirty linen and trash and place those items by the door. Bags will be placed in each guest room for this purpose. The staff will remove items and drop off any requested supplies.
- Not all food venues will be operating this upcoming summer season and may only be open for certain meal periods. Closures will be found on our website as they become available.
- Reduced operating hours. Hours of operation can be found on our website as they become available.
- Food locations operating for summer 2022 may have limited menus options.
- Some fast food operations and restaurants may only provide take out options, this will be updated on our website as the information becomes available.
- Grab and go options will also be available at the Longmire and Sunrise Gift Shops as well as the Tatoosh Café.
- We will have reduced hours in select locations. Hours of operation can be found on our website as they become available.
- We ask for guests to observe social distancing in all of our operations; guest capacity will be limited depending on the venue.
- We have online retail open and available through the retail section of our website.
There will be a limited number of guests permitted to congregate in common areas. Staff will monitor this closely to ensure adherence to all guidelines and social distancing protocol. (Guidelines are being determined)
What we request of you
- Please be considerate of other guests’ personal space.
- Masks are required in all buildings regardless of vaccination status.
- Frequent use of the hand sanitizer provided at the entrance and throughout our facilities when hand washing is not an option.
- Complete a post stay survey to inform us on what made you feel safe during your stay and to provide suggestions on enhancing your experience.
As our valued guest, we care deeply about the quality of your stay at our facilities in Mount Rainier National Park. Certain anticipated amenities may not be possible due to Covid-19 restrictions however we will be doing everything we can to ensure your visit with us is memorable and safe. We look forward to the future when simple courtesies and services are once again commonplace. Thank you for your patronage. Be safe and visit us again soon!